Yashasvi Jaiswal Biography: Yashasvi Jaiswal made an unbelievable and most inspiring journey from selling ‘Pani Puri’ during the evening and sleeping under a tent to becoming the youngest double centurion in the history of List A cricket at the age of 17 years, 292 days. he is one of the youngest indian cricketer.
Yashasvi Jaiswal came under the spotlight when he scored a double hundred while playing for Mumbai against Jharkhand in the Vijay Hazare Trophy 2019-20 which made him the youngest cricketer batsman ever in List A cricket to score a double century.
His career point changed when he was bought by an Indian Premier League (IPL) team royal challengers Bangalore for a whopping INR 2.40 crores in IPL 2020 Auction.
Yashasvi Jaiswal Biography Overview
|Name||Yashasvi Bhupendra Kumar Jaiswal|
|Date of Birth||December 28, 2001|
|yashasvi jaiswal age||20 years|
|Hometown||Suriya, Uttar Pradesh|
|Family||Father – Bhupendra Jaiswal|
Mother – Kanchan Jaiswal
Siblings– 1 brother(tejasvi jaiswal) 2 Si
|Batting Style||Left-hand bat|
|Teams Played||India B, Rajasthan Royals, India Under-19, Mumbai, India Under-23, India Blue Under-19, India Red Under-19, North Mumbai Panthers, India A Under-19|
|Debut||FC – Chhattisgarh vs Mumbai at Mumbai – January 07 – 09, 2019|
List A – India U-23s vs Bdesh U-23s at Lucknow – September 20, 2019
T20 – Royal challengers Bangalore vs sunrisers hyderabad at Sharjah – September 22, 2020
Yashasvi Jaiswal Early Life
- Jaiswal was born on 28 December 2001 in Suriyawan, Bhadohi, Uttar Pradesh.
- He was the fourth of six children to Bhupendra Jaiswal.
- His father was an owner of a small hardware store, and his mother Kanchan Jaiswal was a housewife.
- At the age of ten, he moved to Dadar, Mumbai, to receive cricket training at Azad Maidan.
- As Dadar was far away from the Maidan, he relocated to the Kalbadevi neighborhood where he was given accommodation in a dairy shop in return for low-grade work.
- He was eventually ejected by the shopkeeper as he was unable to provide much help at the shop in between his cricket training.
- Having no place of his own, Jaiswal stayed in a tent with the groundsmen at the Maidan, where he often slept hungrily and sold panipuri to make ends meet.
- After living in tents for three years, Jaiswal’s cricketing talent was spotted in December 2013 by Jwala Singh, who ran a cricket academy in Santacruz.
- Singh took Jaiswal under his wing and provided him a place to stay, before becoming his legal guardian and obtaining his power of attorney.
Yashasvi Jaiswal with Jwala Singh
Yashasvi Jaiswal Domestic cricket Career
- Jaiswal first came to the limelight in 2015 when he scored 319 not out and took 13/99 in a Giles Shield match, an all-round record in school cricket, which was recognized by Limca Book of Records.
- He was then selected in Mumbai under-16 squad followed by India under 19 s.
- Jaiswal was the highest run-scorer (318 runs) and player of the tournament in 2018 were bowled out for 152 and 85, in an innings win.
- Later that year, he scored 294 runs in 7 matches, including four half-centuries, in the under 19 world cup tri-series in England which also featured Bangladesh.
- Jaiswal made his first-class debut for Mumbai against Chattisgarh in the 2018-19 Ranji Trophy on 7 January 2019.
- Yashasvi Jaiswal was named in the 2018 India U19 Asia Cup which was the turning point of his life.
- He started with a hundred and ended up scoring 318 runs, the highest in the tournament, leading India to victory.
- In his first Youth test debut, he hammered a 173 and led India to a win. Further, he scored four half-centuries against England and Bangladesh in a tri-series that year.
- He made his List A debut on 28 September 2019, for Mumbai in the 2019-20 Vijay Hazare Trophy.
- On 16 October 2019, he scored 203 runs off 154 balls in a Vijay Hazare Trophy match against Jharkhand and became the youngest double centurion in the history of List A cricket at 17 years, 292 days.
- His knock included 17 fours and 12 sixes against a bowling attack consisting of Varun Aaron and Shahbaz Nadeem.
- He was one of the top five run-scorers at the 2019-20 Vijay Hazare Trophy, with 564 runs in 6 matches at an average of 112.80.
- He was named in the India B squad for the 2019-20 Deodhar Trophy.
What a moment meeting the legendary ms dhoni sir and greatly elated by getting his signature on my bat. Always an inspiration!
Yashasvi Jaiswal Cricket World Cup cricket Career
- In December 2019, he has named to India’s squad for the 2020 Under 19 World Cup.
- He became the leading scorer in the tournament and scored a century against Pakistan in the semi-final.
- he is played the t20 world cup 26 matches with 454 runs.
‘Wanted to know how to make it big’, says Yashasvi Jaiswal on interactions with Virat Kohli
“I wanted to know how to make it big. That was what I was talking about with Virat bhaiya (Virat Kohli), like how to make it effective and how I could help my team. He explained in a really nice way about how I can do well and improve. He also said about how can I be positive all the time and play a little more,” Jaiswal said in a video posted by Rajasthan Royals.
Yashasvi Jaiswal IPL Career
- In the 2020 IPL auction, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals for INR 2.4 crores ahead of the 2020 Indian Premier League (IPL).
- He made his Twenty20 debut for the Rajasthan Royals in the 2020 IPL on 22 September 2020.
- He made his maiden half-century against Chennai Super Kings on 2nd October 2021.
- Ahead of IPL 2022 Mega Auction , RR has retained Yashavi Jaiswal for INR 4 crores.
Yashasvi Jaiswal Batting Stats
Yashasvi Jaiswal Bowling Stats